Read Simon & Schuster 2013 Fiction Sampler by Teddy Wayne Free Online
Book Title: Simon & Schuster 2013 Fiction Sampler|
The author of the book: Teddy Wayne
Edition: Simon & Schuster
The size of the: 1.96 MB
City - Country: No data
Loaded: 1278 times
Reader ratings: 7.5
Date of issue: April 3rd 2013
ISBN: No data
ISBN 13: No data
Format files: PDF
Read full description of the books:
We are proud to introduce seven powerful, original, and irresistible novels coming in 2013 from Simon & Schuster: The Love Song of Jonny Valentine, Y, Middle Men, Motherland, The Why of Things, The Gravity of Birds, and Snow Hunters. This sample features exclusive excerpts, interviews with the writers, and commentary from the books’ editors.· In The Love Song of Jonny Valentine by Teddy Wayne, an eleven-year-old pop megastar searches for his identity in the dark heart of America's monstrous obsession with fame.
· Marjorie Celona’s highly acclaimed and exquisitely rendered debut, Y, follows a wise-beyond-her-years foster child abandoned as a newborn on the doorstep of the local YMCA.
· From an Academy Award-nominated screenwriter, Motherland is a powerful story of a love triangle set in England, France, India, and Jamaica against the backdrop of World War II.
· In Middle Men, Stegner Fellow and New Yorker contributor Jim Gavin delivers a hilarious and panoramic vision of California, portraying a group of men, from young dreamers to old vets, as they make valiant forays into middle-class respectability.
· Tracy Guzeman's compelling debut novel, The Gravity of Birds, follows the ordeal of an art authenticator and an art historian employed by a famous, reclusive painter to sell a never-before-seen portrait, leading them to discover devastating secrets two sisters have kept from each other, and from the artist.
· In Snow Hunters, an elegant, haunting, and highly anticipated debut novel from 5 Under 35 National Book Foundation honoree Paul Yoon, a North Korean war refugee confronts the wreckage of his past.
· From the critically acclaimed author of December comes The Why Of Things, a buoyant and beautiful new novel about a family struggling in the aftermath of a suicide.
Each author is an accomplished artist and has created a lasting work you’ll want to read and relish and talk about.
Download Simon & Schuster 2013 Fiction Sampler ERUB
Download Simon & Schuster 2013 Fiction Sampler DOC
Download Simon & Schuster 2013 Fiction Sampler TXT
Read information about the authorTeddy Wayne is the author of the novels "The Love Song of Jonny Valentine" (Free Press, Feb. 2013) and "Kapitoil" (Harper Perennial) and is the recipient of a 2011 Whiting Writers' Award, an NEA Creative Writing Fellowship, the 2011 PEN/Robert W. Bingham Prize runner-up, and a finalist for the 2011 New York Public Library Young Lions Fiction Award finalist and the 2011 Dayton Literary Peace Prize. He is a graduate of Harvard and Washington University in St. Louis, where he taught fiction and creative nonfiction writing. His work has appeared in The New Yorker, the New York Times, Vanity Fair, McSweeney's, the Wall Street Journal, and elsewhere. He lives in New York.
Reviews of the Simon & Schuster 2013 Fiction Sampler
Add a comment
Download EBOOK Simon & Schuster 2013 Fiction Sampler by Teddy Wayne Online free